Canadian Poultry and Egg Processors Council
CPEPC is the industry association representing processors, packagers and distributors of chicken and turkey meat, graders and further processors of eggs, and hatcheries in Canada.
Representing some of the largest agri-food corporations in Canada, our association has the voluntary membership of companies that process and market over 90% of Canada's chicken, turkey, eggs and hatching eggs.
CPEPC's mission is to foster a climate of continuous improvement within the Canadian feather industry recognizing the need for increasing competitiveness.
- Proactively address the common goal of business sustainability and
prosperity in a mutually respectful partnership with other industry
- Proactively address issues constraining competitiveness, sustainability
and profitable growth to achieve significant and measurable
- Ensure that government policies are consistent with fostering a
sustainable and competitive Canadian feather industry
- Relationships with Producer Agencies: manage and improve the ongoing
relationship with the National Feather Agencies so that CPEPC and its
members have an equitable role in the system along with producers which
will ensure an operating environment that allows for a reasonable level
of profitability to our respective sectors.
- CPEPC Resources: boost the role of the CPEPC as a source of expertise
and influence through the optimizing use of staff and building lobbying
- Food Safety, Animal Health and Animal Welfare: ensure a high state of readiness to develop contingency responses for current and emerging food safety, animal health and animal welfare incidents by proactively working with regulators, producer agencies, customers and consumers.